class="post-template-default single single-post postid-3162 single-format-standard wp-custom-logo rightsidebar elementor-default elementor-kit-6" itemscope itemtype="">

Kolkata: Massive fire breaks out at electronics goods showroom and godown in Chandni Chowk – Times of India

KOLKATA: A massive fire broke out in a four storey commercial building at Chandni Chowk – comprising multiple electronics shops and godowns – off CR Avenue in Kolkata, on Sunday evening.
15 fire tenders have been rushed to the spot to bring the fire under control.
The fire broke out around 7.30pm on the ground floor of the building and within no time it spread to the top floor godown.
Two fire tenders from Central fire station were the first to reach the spot near Sabir Hotel. Later, more fire tenders joined the effort sensing the gravity of the fire as firemen had a tough time reaching up and had to contain the fire mostly by spraying water from outside.
Cops said the building was packed with combustible items like wires, batteries, cardboard boxes and multiple electronic goods that was making it difficult for firemen to control the blaze. However, since it was a Sunday, all shops and godowns were closed and there was no one trapped in the building, cops said.
Fire minister Sujit Bose too reached the spot to oversee the firefighting procedure. “It is a dingy area stacked with combustible electronic products. But our firemen are taking all necessary precautions and are approaching the fire from multiple points – inside and outside the building — to bring it under control,” Bose said.

Source link

About The Author

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *